mikkicrisostomo

The Moment Stealer

Insatiable - Meg Cabot So this wasn't actually as bad as I thought it would be, but that might not be the best of recommendations. So as not to damn this book with faint praise (because it really doesn't deserve that), I'll say that this was actually an enjoyable book with its fair share of funny lines and situations.

Meena Harper has my respect for the decision she makes at the end of the book. Lucien is obviously the fellow the readership ought to swoon at, but even though he did have some moments, I kept thinking in the back of my head how ridiculous he was. Alaric, who on paper appears to be even more absurd a character than Lucien, ended up becoming more appealing to me.

I suppose this is a result of my skepticism: of course Meena would fall for Lucien instantly. Of course he would fall right back in love with her and be forever changed by their relationship. It's painfully predictable. But the ending, while I wouldn't call it a twist, steers the book right back from the dangerous waters of unpalatable literature into something that in its own little way at least tried to be something different.

Oh crap did I just damn it with faint praise? Never mind me, just read it and judge for yourself.